“The mind is not … a highway, but a temple, and its doors should not be carelessly left open.”
Two years before Transcendentalist grand dame Margaret Fuller (May 23, 1810–July 19, 185…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.