A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.