A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.