A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.