People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.