People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.