Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.