A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.