Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.