A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.