“When you are not honoring the present moment by allowing it to be, you are creating drama.” ~Eckhart Tolle
Well into my twenties, all of my friendships with women looked a lot like junior high.
One day, we’d be codependent and attached at the hip, sending incessant play-by-play emails throughout…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.