A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.