A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.