A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.