“The only strong and deep passions are those which can stand the test of reason.”
“Without music life would be a mistake,” proclaimed Nietzsche, one of the legion of celebrated thinkers who have contemplated the unparalleled power of music. Two generations later, Franz Kafka (July 3, 1883–June 3, 1924) — another …
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.