People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.