“Change your thoughts and you change the world.” ~Norman Vincent Peale
We all encounter times in life when someone says or does something that offends us. After the fact, no matter how hard we try to let go of feelings of hurt or resentment, we might find it hard to move on.
I know, I’ve been there before …
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.