Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.