“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” ~Maya Angelou
Have you ever been in a situation where your thoughts and beliefs are put to test and you have to…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.