A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.