A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.