Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.