“I was feeling insecure you might not love me anymore.” ~John Lennon
After doing years and years of self-esteem work, I thought I was fairly well adjusted and secure. I thought I was fairly confident, self-assured, and not at all needy. But all that changed when I got into my recent relationship.
My subtle …
A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.