“Fear is more crippling than the actual consequences.”
– Vince Vaughn
Vince Vaughn (@WildWest) is one of the most prolific actors, writers, and producers in the world. He’s acted in more than thirty major motion pictures that have gone on to gross more than 1.7 billion at the box office. …
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.