“Good bosses care about getting important things done. Exceptional bosses care about their people.” ~Jeff Haden
“I’ll need you to log your work down to the minute on this spreadsheet,” she said pointing to my computer where an elaborate timesheet was swallowing up my entire screen.
I looked up at her, …
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.