A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.