“Could it be that questions are the remedy for solitude? After all, we have learned from history that people are united by questions. It is the answers that divide them.”
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.