Today is Memorial Day in the United States. For many, this simply means an opportunity to take the day off, relaxing with family and friends. But there’s more to it than that.
Memorial Day is a day we set aside to commemorate those veterans who have died in the service of our country. It was first enacted to…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.