A masterwork of immense originality and haunting splendor.
“Words, English words, are full of echoes, of memories, of associations,” Virginia Woolf observed in the only surviving recording of her voice. “They have been out and about, on people’s lips, in their houses, in the streets, in the fields, for so many centuries.”
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.