People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.