A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.