“We celebrate success, but I think we should also just celebrate giving it a go.”
– Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan (@PhilKeoghan) has worked in television for almost thirty years on more than a thousand program episodes in more than a hundred countrie…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.