3 Ways to Launch Your Business Without Betting the Farm
This is a guest post by Jeff Goins. His newest book, Real Artists Don’t Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age, is now available for preorder.
When it comes to chasing a dream, is it better to go “all in” or take your time? Despite the age-old claims that we need to risk everything, the truth is taking a leap is not always the best path to create your life’s work.
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.