“Spotlessness is the niece of inspiration.”
Every once in a while, amid the serious and often stern prose comprising the canon of great writers’ advice on writing, there glimmers an offering of wisdom no less weigh…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.