“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” ~Robert H. Schuller
About two years ago, I was working in a professional career that I had been building for nearly twenty years.
I had been at my company for thirteen years, and had been generally commended and given positive reviews and regular bo…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.