“Surrender to what is. Say ‘yes’ to life and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.” ~Eckhart Tolle
“Surrender” in current colloquial language equals failure. According to the Oxford Dictionary, without an object, surrender means to “stop resisting to an enemy or opponent and sub…
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.