When Dr. Rhonda Patrick returned to the podcast for a Q&A episode, I figured it would be popular. But I didn’t realize it would quickly become one of the most downloaded episodes of all-time.
As a result, many of you asked for the transcript of our conversation, so here it is. Dig in and enjoy the notes from this fascinating episode with …
A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.