Hi everyone! This is my fifth week sharing coloring pages from the soon-to-be-released Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal (available for pre-order now.) Previously, I shared:
The nature coloring page
The vacation coloring page
The technology coloring page
The animal coloring page
How would you answer th…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.