A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.