“If I swim a mile, the first half hour might be drudgery, but somewhere in the middle it catches fire.”
“Live immediately,” Seneca exhorted in his timeless 2,000-year-old meditation on the shortness of life. “Hurrying and delaying are alike ways of trying to resist the present,” philosopher Alan Watts wro…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.