“An artist is a sort of emotional or spiritual historian. His role is to make you realize the doom and glory of knowing who you are and what you are.”
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.