“Ships don’t sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.” ~Unknown
Working in an office requires us to spend more time with our co-workers than anyone in our personal life. How those co-w…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.