“The six best doctors: sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise, and diet.” ~Wayne Fields
I’ve always believed the best things in life are free. Sunshine on your skin next to a body of water ranks up there as one of my favorite experiences. I love nothing more than to be in a pool in the summertime.
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.