“The garden of life is strewn with such dormant seeds and so much of art blossoms from their unwilled and unwillable awakenings.”
And now for something a bit out of the ordinary: When editor Andrew Blauner invited me to contrib…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.