An elegy for time and the mortality of beauty, composed with passionate patience and a sensuous cadence.
In an era when the scientific establishment barred and bolted its gates to women, bot…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.