A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.