Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.