You can have money, houses, nice clothes and enjoying a spot of international dating but the reality is this – we all want more.
It is impossible to live a life with no desire because we have things that we want to experience and so, we do all we can to fulfill those desires. This is where happiness is made because we feel satisfied when we do …
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.