People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.