When I work too hard, I find myself in too much pain thanks to bipolar disorder. I push through w…
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.